cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Trouble on STM32 F767ZI

akash_praan
Associate

I used a Nucleo F767ZI dev board to check and write firmware
(The IC on the board is STM32F767ZIT6U with the other characters being AA 254 VQ Z on first line and TWN AA 341 on line 2),
when I use HSI clock I am able to operate PD7, PG9, PG10, PG11, PG12 as an input or output GPIO
But on the custom developed board (the IC on the board is STM32F767ZIT6 with the other characters being AA108 VQ on the first line and TWN AA 334 on line two)

In this custom developed board while I am able to Program and debug the board and I am able to use all other pins except PD7, PG9, PG10, PG11, PG121)

1)The DC resistance of each of the above mentioned Pin and VCC(3V3) is infinite and same is with GND is also infinite

2) When I configure any of these Pins as GPIO Output as PUSH PULL and low speed mode then I see when I set the GPIO I see as the ODR setting but when I measure the voltage on the connecter(nothing between the connecter and the MCU Pin and tack length is less than 5 cms) i see 0.5 to 0.6V
3) When I configure any of these pins as Input with no Internal Pull or Pull Down, I see that these pins are not affected by noise where as other working pins are and if I connected 3V3 from a jumper cable to read input as logic High even that fails other than these 5 pins all other pins are working as expected.

Please help to debug the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This seems very likely to be involved:

"The VDDSDMMC is an independent power supply for SDMMC2 peripheral IOs (PD6, PD7,
PG9..12). It can be connected either to V DD or an external independent power supply."

Chris21_0-1729018282476.png

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@akash_praan wrote:

In this custom developed board

Please provide the schematics for this board.

akash_praan
Associate

Hi @Andrew Neil , please find the schematic 

akash_praan_1-1728970300622.png

akash_praan_2-1728970347530.png

I am able to Program the board, 

GPIO Clock are defined (generated by Cube MX) properly, I am able to use all pins other than the 5 mentioned above. 
There is no extra component between the Pins and the connector and the length of each trace is also less than 6 to 7 cms. There is proper connectivity between the MCU pins and the connector Pads and Infinite DC Resistance between the MCU Pins and VCC, also between MCU Pins and GND

Surprisingly all 5 pins that don't work are connected between C28 and C6

akash_praan_0-1728970928764.png

akash_praan
Associate

@Andrew Neil  Thank you for your time on this problem, if you need anything else to have a better understanding, please let me know. 

That's not a schematic - it doesn't show what is actually connected to the processor pins

@Andrew Neil Please find the required schematic parts for complete reference

. There is nothing between the MCU pin and the connector 

akash_praan_0-1729064259689.png

akash_praan_3-1729064316782.png

akash_praan_5-1729064364983.png

LCE
Principal

So all these 5 pins are connected directly to the connector.

1) Have you removed the connector and then tested the GPIOs ?

2) Maybe the board / connector had some ESD stress? Was it assembled / used in an ESD-safe environment?

3) Do you have another board to check?

You need provide 1.8 v or 3.3v to vddsdmmc pin 132?

Pin 121

Hello @LCE 

1) Yes all these 5 pins are directly connected to the connector 
2) Yes, it was assembled in an ESD safe environment 
3) I soldered a new board with just the clock ckt, programming ckt, MCU and the capacitors needed to run and checked the output at the solder pads of the connector. Same Result