cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First steps with STM32F446 and SPDIF

HMüll.4
Associate III

Hi,

I just got a Nucleo 64 with an STM32F466 and want to start developing some own software

• initialise the MCU for with the maximum clock possible
  • read 96 kHz stereo SPDIF frames from one of the inputs (polling would be fine)
  • analyse the received data (just some very simple and fast math)

What I'm looking for are ideas for the first two points to start with. Any idea where I can find some sample codes/example implementations/beginners tutorials?

Here "beginner" means noob in terms of STM32 but not in terms of embedded software developments.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Read the reference manual for 'F446 as the very first thing, the first few chapters up to the interrupts. Ask here if anything is not clear.

Then write the first blinky with default clocks settings. Then write the code setting PLL in RCC and then set PLL as system clock (don't forget to have a look at the VOS setting and don't forget to change FLASH latency, before doing any of that).

Post code here if you get stuck.

SPDIF is the same thing - just read the given chapter in RM and write your program accordingly.

Alternatively, if you prefer this path, just click everything in CubeMX, and it then either works or not.

JW

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Read the reference manual for 'F446 as the very first thing, the first few chapters up to the interrupts. Ask here if anything is not clear.

Then write the first blinky with default clocks settings. Then write the code setting PLL in RCC and then set PLL as system clock (don't forget to have a look at the VOS setting and don't forget to change FLASH latency, before doing any of that).

Post code here if you get stuck.

SPDIF is the same thing - just read the given chapter in RM and write your program accordingly.

Alternatively, if you prefer this path, just click everything in CubeMX, and it then either works or not.

JW

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

First step is always to visit the Product Page and look at the resources available there - that's where you'll find application notes, examples, etc

0693W00000NqFwfQAF.png

HMüll.4
Associate III

That CubeMX-stuff seems to be perfectly what I'm looking for! From the description on the webpage I didn't really understand hwat it is ... anyhow, thank you for your help! 🙂

can you tell me the current sensor integration code with stm32f446

basic step to learn stm32f446 code