cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless Loop when running SCB_EnableDCache()

Oussama_Baklouti
Associate

I'm using stm32H750B-DK and i'm trying to send a frame via LIN protocole every one second .
but when i run the code nothing happen .
when debugging i found that the code blocked in an endless loop in SCB_EnableDCache() function 

21 REPLIES 21
Could the problem be in the board ?

You need to confirm that with another board. 

Did you run a very simple code for example toggling a LED with this board?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It's exceedingly unlikely the problem is with the hardware.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

i tried toggling a LED and it worked fine and when debugging  the SCB_EnableDCache()  take a lot of time so i stepped into the function and debugg it manually and it worked . But when i connected a logic analyzer to see if the frame of the LIN protocole was transmitted there is nothing 

i tried toggling a LED and it worked fine and when debugging  the SCB_EnableDCache()  take a lot of time so i stepped into the function and debugg it manually and it worked . 

Do you mean you have the same issue with SCB_EnableDCache() even with just a simple example?

When I say a simple example, I mean you need to create another project where you just toggle a LED and call SCB_EnableDCache() before.

Did you do this?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Oussama_Baklouti
Associate

I created a new project and i called the SCB_EnableDCache() function 
and when i runned the code , the toggle works fine but when i debugg the SCB_EnableDCache() function takes a lot of time running . So when i stepped into the SCB_EnableDCache() function i found that it is working and decrementing its values but i didn't know why it takes a lot of time when debugging ?

I also tried debugging and i waited the SCB_EnableDCache() a long time and it worked .

So when i stepped into the SCB_EnableDCache() function i found that it is working and decrementing its values but i didn't know why it takes a lot of time when debugging ?

Why are you stepping into SCB_EnableDCache()? 

When you are in standalone mode (not in debug) are the two applications (toggling the LED and TouchGFX) are running without any stuck?

Oussama_Baklouti
Associate

Yes,the two applications (toggling the LED and TouchGFX) are running without any stuck . 
but in the first project i send to you there a LIN code to send a frame that didin't work .
That's the main issue 

You didn't answer my question: Why are you stepping into SCB_EnableDCache()? There is no need for that. You need just to step over it (F6) not into it. And as I said your project is working well from my side.

Oussama_Baklouti
Associate

When i step over it , it takes a lot of time running so i stepped into it to see what is the problem .