cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Configure/Detect USB-PD from YouTube Tutorial

NYou.1
Associate II

Hi All, I followed the updated ST tutorial on Youtube for setting up USB-PD (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vsJhNIaHxE) and I can't seem to actually get it to show up on the STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD app after following as closely as I could. I am designing on a NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q and the latest version of STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 and I wasn't sure how this would impact the items I needed to change when setting up the project as compared to using a different eval board and STM32 series MCU.

I noticed that a few pins would be set already when I started the project. After configuring all the same parts in the .ioc file, I did end up with some status warnings on ADC1 and UCPD1 peripherals.

0693W00000D2DvpQAF.png0693W00000D2DuwQAF.pngAll the code was the same as is seen in the video and I was able to build and program without any errors.

Is there anything I need to tweak differently from the STM32G0 USB-PD tutorial and my STM32L5 eval board? Also should I be trying to get rid of these status warnings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yohann M.
ST Employee

Dear Nathan

STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD program is used through VCP link available with ST-Link connector (USB).

Does not care about this warning... it is not used for our purpose.

As you work on NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q nucleo board, the application should work with application available in the FW package.

Regards,

Yohann

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Yohann M.
ST Employee

Dear @NYou.1​ ,

you could try directly the application delivered in STM32CubeL5 package:

'STM32CubeL5/Projects/NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q/Applications/USB-PD/USB-PD_Consumer_1port/' (an IOC file is delivered in this package).

A ST wiki page is dedicated to USB-PD. It can help you to develop your USB-PD application. Mainly, we advice to enable the debug trace and to provide the .cpd file for further analysis in our side.

Regards

Yohann

Hi @Yohann M.​,

I have loaded the application from the STM32CubeL5 package previously, but wasn't sure about what all was changed from a default project. This is why I wanted to work through the tutorial. I will take a closer look at the example application again.

For the Debug trace, it shows a similar Status warning of "Partly disabled conflict with:..." since the PA15 pin is required for DEBUG_JTDI but is being used by UCPD1_CC1. There appear to be no alternate pins for DEBUG_JTDI or UCPD1_CC1 to be populated on. Also, does it matter what debug mode should I choose for the trace to show up in the STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD program?

Best,

Nathan

Yohann M.
ST Employee

Dear Nathan

STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD program is used through VCP link available with ST-Link connector (USB).

Does not care about this warning... it is not used for our purpose.

As you work on NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q nucleo board, the application should work with application available in the FW package.

Regards,

Yohann