cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odrive motor

SDall
Associate II

hi i'm using a F401RE and a hmi016m1, using a brushless odrive motor, i'm using sdk notor control, i set motor type bull ranning, i left everything default the rest, but when i go to give the motor.start, the motor doesn't moves but makes a strange noise! what can i change?

23 REPLIES 23
SDall
Associate II

using ihm08m1 I managed to get the motor going, I found the inertia values ​​........ now I have run sdk by entering the values ​​of motor profile exactly, then start the motor with setspeedmotor1, then with motor1start, the motor in acceleration does not move but it moves in deceleration, why? anyway a step forward

GMA
ST Employee

I don't catch your point. What do you mean by "it moves in deceleration"? Are you able to make the motor spinning or not?! Do you have an error reported to Motor pilot?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

no sorry now I was able to set the software correctly, now I understand how it works! my question now is how to spin it slowly, i need the rotor to move 90 degrees or 180 degrees, my specific use was for using a robotic arm!

GMA
ST Employee

For this kind of application, using motor with encoder and "Position control" set in "Drive Setting"/"Control mode" is the best solution. On Motor Pilot side load GUI "PositionControlApp.qml" file. This interface allows to set an angle "Target Position" and a "Duration".

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA