cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odrive motor

SDall
Associate II

hi i'm using a F401RE and a hmi016m1, using a brushless odrive motor, i'm using sdk notor control, i set motor type bull ranning, i left everything default the rest, but when i go to give the motor.start, the motor doesn't moves but makes a strange noise! what can i change?

23 REPLIES 23
SDall
Associate II

it should be noted that the phase lights come on

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

As far as I understood, you used "bull running" motor setting with your "odrive" motor test.

If yes, could you please use the "ST Motor profiler" tool in order to have the accurate motor parameters for your setup?

Best regards.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

thanks I tried with this application but I can't connect with the serial I don't really know the reason, there must be something in the configuration for which the motor doesn't run but just makes a noise!

GMA
ST Employee

Ok, then did you modify the motor parameters in order to align them with the one you are using?

0693W00000JPQ2OQAX.png

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

no the engine parameters I have not changed them, I left them by default! maybe they are the ones to change?

GMA
ST Employee

According to this Odrive document, the Phase resistance is 0.039ohm, BullRun has 0.11ohm e.g.

I didn't check carefully, but Inductance seems to be missing in the document...

Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

I tried to change the resistor parameters 0.039, but it keeps giving me the same problem ......

SDall
Associate II

other thing i noticed that this engine is not surface psms but it is internal psms!