cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odrive motor

SDall
Associate II

hi i'm using a F401RE and a hmi016m1, using a brushless odrive motor, i'm using sdk notor control, i set motor type bull ranning, i left everything default the rest, but when i go to give the motor.start, the motor doesn't moves but makes a strange noise! what can i change?

23 REPLIES 23
GMA
ST Employee

The magnetic structure could be modified in the Motor parameter box, but other parameters like inductance are missing from your documentation... This is why, you have to use the profiler first...

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

then I ran the motor profile the software starts regularly but the motor does not turn, it just vibrates, the two parameters of the electrical resistance appear, then a warning appears that says that the diagnostics is taking too long and the problem could be the motor trips .....

GMA
ST Employee

Did you set the Max Current according to specification? If yes, could you please try by decreasing the Max Current value?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

nothing to do, I'm using a 302rb + ihmi07m1, with the odrive motor, I tried to increase the current to max 2.8 a, the softwer connects regularly, but when the pwm starts the motor vibrates but does not move.

SDall
Associate II

the frequency increase of the PWM is also heard

SDall
Associate II

I tried with another brushless and it works perfectly but with the drive no

SDall
Associate II

odrive sorry

GMA
ST Employee

May be that your motor has a high value of Cogging torque and the IHM016 does not deliver enough current to start spinning the motor. If it is the case, you may have to change your power board (in the excel sheet, it is mentioned a peak current for the ODrive motor equal to 65/70A). IHM16 is limited to 3A peak.

As an example, I used a B-G431B-ESC1 Inverter Board with a Ipeak equal to 40A to profile a motor with such need.

Best regards.
GMA
SDall
Associate II

yes I also think it is a low current problem, at this point I think I opt for the ihm081m1 which has 30 peak max, because the predisposition for the encoder as a signal, tell me if I'm right !!!

GMA
ST Employee

X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 should fit your needs.

Best regards.
GMA