cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSDK 6.2.0 is out!

Zied b.
ST Employee

Dear MCSDK users, MCSDK version 6.2 is now available: Download It here.
Here are the main changes for this version:

Hardware Compatibility :

• C0 Support for FOC 3-Shunt and 6 steps
  • H5 Support for FOC 3-Shunt and 1-Shunt
  • Add support of All MCUs part number of F3,G4,G0 series

Motor Control Features:

• Support of dual drive for F3,F4,G4
  • Addition of ICS (Insulated current sensor)

Tools:

• Improve user guidance with accurate inline documentation about the board's modifications
  • Improve user flow with IOC reading capability
  • The user is now able to generate his own profiler firmware with the desired combination of Boards from the Workbench. You can find the details in the profiler documentation available in the user manual.

We also introduced new boards like: EVLSPIN32G4-ACT, EVSPIN32G4-DUAL, NUCLEO-C031C6, NUCLEO-H563ZI, NUCLEO-H503RB, B-G473E-ZEST1S-B, STEVAL-LVLP01

The boards here below, already supported in MCSDK 5.4.8, are now supported in MCSDK 6.2.0: STEVAL-IHM039V1, STEVAL-IHM045V1, STEVAL-CTM009V1, STEVAL-IHM042V1, STM32L476G-EVAL, STM32F769I-EVAL

Do not hesitate to respond under this post to give us your opinion about this new version.

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
8 REPLIES 8
engineer_matt
Associate

Hi,

I have installed MC SDK 6.2.0. This is the first time looking at the new version of MC SDK. I have extensive experience with custom commercial solutions using 5.4.x-FUL versions.

I would like to create a custom solution, but when I select "New Project" I only see options for creating projects with pre-defined eval boards.

Can you direct me to documentation for creating projects based on custom hardware?

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you for your interest in MCSDK 6.2. To create a custom board, you can use the Boards Manager. To launch it, open the Workbench then Tools -> Boards manager. The documentation for the use of this tool is still being validated and should arrive very soon. You can take inspiration from the descriptions of other boards in the meantime.
Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
JCEngineer
Associate II

Hello, are there plans to support the STEVAL-ESC001V1 board soon. If so, do you know when? I also would be interested in any additional information around creating custom boards using the boards manager. 

Thank you very much.

Are there any plans to make it interactive, like the previous version?

Muthanna
Associate III

Can't move to 6.2 yet because I cant adjust the current sensing feedback gain as per my custom board.
Still with 5.Y.2 <3 , Can't download the same for my new pc (option is removed I guess).

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @Muthanna,

If you started from a ST board, then just clone your board in the Board manager tool and change the gain parameters.

cedricH_0-1704895205394.png

Regards,

Cedric

Thank you Cedric, The Board Manager was a bit confusing at first, figured it out. Going to make the transition from 5.Y.2 to 6.2.1 

Fingers Crossed,
Muthanna