cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to migrate from STM32G431 to the STM32F745 or STM32F769? I need to go from G431 to F769, but can't find any documentation. Any F7 chip would work too.

Dane._.T
Associate II

I saw multiple resources on different conversions between chips, such as AN5094 (between F3 and G4), but I can't find anything for G4 to F7.

Is there a step by step process to follow that has a program do most of the work, something similar to MCSDK, but with an already generated project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Dane._.T​ ,

Thank you for raising this question.

If you're asking about exporting a project created with an STM32G431 on  STM32F745 or STM32F769 using STM32CubeMX tool, I can suggest the " Import Project " solution.

0693W00000QKw3vQAD.jpg 

In fact, Import Project menu imports a previously-saved configuration to another MCU. By default the following settings are imported:

• Pinout tab: MCU pins and corresponding peripheral modes. The import fails if the same peripheral instances are not available in the target MCU.
  • Clock configuration tab: clock tree parameters.
  • Configuration tab: peripherals and middleware libraries initialization parameters.
  • Project settings: choice of toolchain and code generation options.

You’ll find linked Here the User Manual of STM32CubeMX for more details about all the tool feature.

Hope that my answer gives some help.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

Migrate possibility is based on your application. Maybe yes maybe not.

If your custom code is placed in separate files simply generate IOC code for new MCU and copy your files into. Edit main is manual job, some files compare utility help you , but most of the work wait for you.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

You can find a contractor to do the chore for you.

Hello @Dane._.T​ ,

Thank you for raising this question.

If you're asking about exporting a project created with an STM32G431 on  STM32F745 or STM32F769 using STM32CubeMX tool, I can suggest the " Import Project " solution.

0693W00000QKw3vQAD.jpg 

In fact, Import Project menu imports a previously-saved configuration to another MCU. By default the following settings are imported:

• Pinout tab: MCU pins and corresponding peripheral modes. The import fails if the same peripheral instances are not available in the target MCU.
  • Clock configuration tab: clock tree parameters.
  • Configuration tab: peripherals and middleware libraries initialization parameters.
  • Project settings: choice of toolchain and code generation options.

You’ll find linked Here the User Manual of STM32CubeMX for more details about all the tool feature.

Hope that my answer gives some help.

Khouloud.