cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I Use NUCLEOF446RE and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 for running a motor. It works for a motor with 24V power supply. But however, if I use 36V power supply and run motor profiler to estimate the parameters. It fails to rotate. Need Suggestions?

VGani.1
Associate III

When Motor profiler is used to test the motor for its parameters, it keeps on checking with the possible current (18A, 14A, 9A, 6A, etc..). After sometime a message popup "Speed measurement takes too long time". I don't know the reason behind this. If same motor is used with 24V power supply, motor profiler works and able to run the motor using motor control workbench.

12 REPLIES 12
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

For safety purpose the Over voltage protection of this board is set at 36V in the profiler code. So I guess you reach an over voltage error as soon as the profiler start. Unfortunately, the error is not well reported in the profiler tool. A redesign from scratch of the profiler tool is ongoing and will fix this kind of issue.

Regards

Cedric

Hi Cedric,

When can we get the updated profiler to test the motor with higher voltages (36V)?

Hi Cedric,

I have one more question. Since we have motor parameters of the motor using 24v power supply. So can we use the same project with 36V and run the motor using Motor control workbench??

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

It is not planed to increase the voltage protection threshold.

Motor's parameters guessed by the profiler are not dependent on the voltage, so there is no issue to import your profiling results in the workbench and changing your Nominal DC voltage afterward.

Regards

Cedric

Thank you for the response

VGani.1
Associate III

Yes I tried with changing nominal DC voltage (36V), but when click on start motor, over current fault occurs. Any Suggestions?

cedric H
ST Employee

So if I understand correctly, you are able to control your motor when you use the profiler code with a Vbus at 24V.

When you generate a project with your profiled motor, it works at 24 Volts, but you have an over current at 36 V.

Is it correct ?

Regards

Cedric

VGani.1
Associate III

Hi Cedric,

Yes exactly this is my situation.

cedric H
ST Employee

Ok,

So I would try first to decrease the current during the start-up phase.

These settings are accessible by clicking on the blue rectangle "Firmware Drive Management" -> Start-up parameters.

Regards

Cedric.