cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can Ewarm project be opened in Keil or CubeIDE ?

MNapi
Senior III

I have been looking for a working project external loader in Keil or CubeIDE

for some of the discovery boards I have

The only projects I see are in EWARM

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader

I do not know why STM did this only in EWARM, nobody has each and every IDE on the marker.

2 REPLIES 2

No, they typically can't import the competing project files. I'd have that on the top of my list if selling a competing tool set, but not my circus..

The projects are designed to be convenient to ST and the tools they are using. The loader builders were predominantly using EWARM, job done, moving on to the next task...

With some familiarity with your own chosen tool chain the projects shouldn't be that hard to reconstruct. Basically about two source files, and all the libraries components that you use. Drag and drop or Add the files, set the Include File Path and construct a project. Use the Wizard or whatever floats your boat.

I just made flat projects with perhaps 40 files I can make with GNU/GCC to build .STLDR

If you think commercial enterprises are going create three or four additional unnecessary ways to achieve their goals, you're going to continue being disappointed.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

if you are experienced programmer then you can move fast from one platform to another. most folks here are trying to learn a few simple things and do not understand most of the technical language used.

I got almost everything working in Keil. I tried to move to CubeIDE. QSPI, OSPI, LTDC, SD does not work anymore. I have to start again from scratch trying to figure it out another few weeks.

I cannot get the external flash loader working in Keil despite going over the AN333 from Keil a few times explaining how to do it.

But I saw a few videos on youtube how to make the external flash loader in CubeIDE. A good working project if can you download makes a big difference if you can go code after code to understand it what you are missing.