cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate LWIP on STM32H757IIT6

Pavel_Safar
Associate

I am not able to activate LWIP middleware for M7 core on any dualcore STM32. (I am able to do it on single-core devices and  already have LWIP working on H743 Nucleo)

Steps I have done (exactly in this order):
- create a new project for STM32H757IITx in CubeIDE
- agree usage of default configuration of speculation processing
- enable SYS -> Cortex_M7 -> I cache
- enable SYS -> Cortex_M7 -> D cache
- enable ETH and configure it for M7 core with RMII
- enable FreeRTOS_M7
- enable LWIP for Cortex M7 in the sidebar. 

Now I can see the second bar for LWIP. Runtime context M7 is checked but it is not possible to check "enable" checkbox to activate LWIP. When I put the mouse on the enable checkbox, I can see a warning that "D-cache must be enabled on M7 to use LWIP". But the problem is that D-cache is already enabled. It seems to me like a bug in IDE because I am able to activate it on singlecore devices with the exactly same steps. It also works on M4 core on dualcore H757. 

I found partial workaround using working example from ST member and manually editing IOC file to fit H757 LQFP instead of H747 BGA but this is not a nice solution and it sometimes create problems when regenerating code.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Pavel_Safar and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I confirm this bug and i've report it to the concerned team for correction on the next releases (under internal ticket number 178614).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Pavel_Safar and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I confirm this bug and i've report it to the concerned team for correction on the next releases (under internal ticket number 178614).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you. This is not something that you want to hear when you are working on a thesis and time is running out. 🙂 But that is life. Thank you for your reply - at least I will not waste more time on solving this. If any (temporary) workaround is available, please let me know.