cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32G4-DUAL Second Motor will not spin

ccut93
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate the use of MCSDK in a dual-motor application.  Motor 1 works, but motor 2 does not.

I have a fresh Workbench project, with both motors configured identically, with the exception of Over-Current Protection.  When I generate, I get a "NOTICE: Please disable the overcurrent protection of Stage 2 to avoid resource assignment conflict on COMP2.  The power state is already protected by STDRIVE101."  Under Current Sensing of Stage 2, I disabled Over-Current Protection, but still get the notice.

The generated CubeIDE project compiles and uploads without issue.

I use MC_FOC_SDK_2_Motors to try to start/stop the motors.  After connecting, I hit press Start on Motor 1.  I hear the PWM, and after a second (as expected), the motor starts ramping according to my startup sequence.  When I press Start on Motor2, I get no sound, and no motion.

I analyze the outputs to the motor with a dual channel oscilloscope.  On Motor 1, U, V, W signals are in phase, with varying pulse width.  On Motor2, U, V, W signals are identical in pulse width and phase, which is consistent with no motion and no sound, but I have no idea why it does that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ccut93
Associate III

For any future searchers, I will update with my current situation.

After messing with things for 20 minutes, the problem seems to have gone away.  Maybe I was doing something silly.  I don't know where the problem came from, but both motors are now running.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @ccut93,

Issues have been fixed in our new MCSDK 6.3.0 release available here.
Please feel free to download it and try if it solved your issue reported in this post.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
ccut93
Associate III

For any future searchers, I will update with my current situation.

After messing with things for 20 minutes, the problem seems to have gone away.  Maybe I was doing something silly.  I don't know where the problem came from, but both motors are now running.