cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G474E-DPOW1 does not connect to PC

MColu.1
Associate II

I am trying to connect to the B-G474E-DPOW1 developement kit with my PC, i followed the steps reported in the um2577 0693W00000HptLnQAJ.pngLD6 and LD7 light up but the led LD9 remains off, what could be the issue?

I correctly installed the ST-LINK drivers, i tried to update the stlink software but i cannot do it since i cannot connect to the stlink....

0693W00000HptLyQAJ.pngI also tried to connect the evb to my pc with different usb cable in differentt usb ports without any result

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Maybe you have the same issue as described in this post.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MColu.1
Associate II

Hello,

No this is not the case, the device is not detected even with ST-LINK Utility tool

Actually the device does not even appear in the windows device manager and the pc does not bip as when you connect an usb device

The strange thing is that the board powers up and the standard firmware is running, i can see it by monitoring LD2, LD3, LD4, LD5

As previously said also LD6 LD7 are powered up so every MCU is correctedly powered, the only led that is not doing its job is the LD9 that is driver by an output the integrated st link MCU

Edit: I tried to reset the stlink mcu by shortcircuiting the two pins of the jumper JP6 and then removing the short, what happens then is that every led shuts down except from the led LD9 that now starts blinking red! Anyway the PC does not recognise the stlink

MColu.1
Associate II

I also tried to connect the evb to another pc, still not working

This is the leds status

Hi @MColu.1 ,

Just seen your mail , it seems your kit behaves like if a wall charger ( without data port , only VBUS + GND) was plugged into the CN3 USB micro-B of STLINK... But if you have connetced a PC, with a USB data port included, then maybe you would have to check your USB cable is ok .

Best Regards.