cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send data from STM32H747 to computer ?

Valerian G.
Associate II

Hello,

I successfully sent data from the STM32H747 to the computer using USART1 via usb. Nonetheless, I can't find any solution to send data from the computer to the STM32. Any ideas on what communication protocol and medium I could use ?

Data are composed of low resolution images (about 6.4 kilobytes).

3 REPLIES 3
Piranha
Chief II

Well, you already sent it to a PC... For a trivial lazy code-clicking USART via USB converter is your simplest option. But, if you mean serious development and sending to a modern PC without using additional devices, then probably USB and Ethernet are the only options and implementing both of which are non-trivial. I would use Ethernet, because of versatility and robustness.

You could use the serial port, a terminal application, one capable to sending/transfering files using X-MODEM or Y-MODEM. You'd writing the inbound side of the protocol on the STM32. Other ways would be to write your own communications app on the PC and STM32, using a protocol of your choosing/construction.

If you could perhaps implement a USB MSC or MTP device.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Valerian G.
Associate II

Hello, thank you for your answers. I edited my message as I made an error : I didn't succeeded in sending data from computer to STM32 (and successfully sent data from the STM32H747 to the computer using USART1 via usb) .

At first I didn't understand that the COM port could be used in both directions. So using the COM port with USART1 on the STM32 and pyserial on the computer solved th the issue.