cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TouchGFX 4.13.0 require non-existent STM32CubeMX 5.5.0?

MLang.9
Associate II
  • I downloaded the latest STM32CubeMX v5.4.0
  • Under "Additional Software", TouchGFX v4.13.0 says that it is only compatible with STMCubeMX v5.5.0

Where is STMCubeMX v5.5.0?

...or...

How do I get STM32CubeMX to download a version of TouchGFX that it is compatible with?

Cheers,

Murray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jerome B
ST Employee

Hi,

STM32CubeMX 5.5.0 is availble for donwload (https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html) or direct upgrade of your existing install.

Regards

Jérôme

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JimFouch
Associate III

I've also been using 4.13.0 for over a week. I'm not using CubeMX or CubeIDE for my current project. But, will need that capability very soon.

I think ST is still working on STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX versions that are more compatible with the latest version 4.13.0 of TouchGFX.

That's probably why you still only see 4.12.3 listed here and on the main TouchGFX download page.

The download found inside the other tools is kind of an Easter egg for those of us that are curious and saw the link.

MLang.9
Associate II

Thanks Jim,

I wasn't given a choice over the packages to download, and I can't find any way to change the TouchGFX version.

Does anyone at ST monitor this community? May I request that the TouchGFX version that CubeMX downloads be rolled back to one that works in this context.

In the mean time, is there a way that I can get CubeMX and TouchGFX to work together?

Ta.

I know that I can download earlier versions of TouchGFX, but I'm assuming that the CubeMX package provides helpful integrations. Is this the case?

Does it add value?

I found CubeMX helpful when I last played with embedded development a couple of years ago. Didn't even get to first base with it this time.

I'm pretty new to the ST / ARM game, so I've only had access to CubeMX since 5.3, but it seems pretty nice and helping a newer user to get all the registers setup with a pretty complex processor like the STM32 family.

Looking forward to the CubeMX 5.5 & CubeIDE > v1.1 release as I'm building a rather large application on the STM32H743 chip.

Really cool what ST has put together.

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

The dependency on 5.5.0 is not restricted to TouchGFX only. Probably 5.5.0 will appear soon, most likely with updated H7 package (for H7Ax, H7Bx devices) ...

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I have a copy of CubeMX 5.5.0 but that seems to have issues. i don't get an error saying that TouchGFX 4.13.0 requires CubeMX 5.5.0, anymore.

It looks like they moved TouchGFX to Additional Software catagories just below Middleware. There is a new error under TouchGFX Generator tab>Dependencies>LTDC Blending Factors, it says "PAxCA not required for RGB565/RGB888". I'll have to report it to ST as i'm not sure how to fix it. Also the tab for TouchGFX is not there so I have no way to "Execute" TouchGFX.

It also seems that STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0 uses an internal CubeMX because it still shows the error mentioned by the OP.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Neither TouchGFX 4.13.0 or CubeMX 5.5.0 are officially out yet. They will be this week.

How did you come about getting these versions?

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I can answer my own question:

It seems that X-CUBE 4.13.0 is available through 5.4.0 despite not being compatible.

/MArtin