cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TouchGFX 4.13.0 require non-existent STM32CubeMX 5.5.0?

MLang.9
Associate II
  • I downloaded the latest STM32CubeMX v5.4.0
  • Under "Additional Software", TouchGFX v4.13.0 says that it is only compatible with STMCubeMX v5.5.0

Where is STMCubeMX v5.5.0?

...or...

How do I get STM32CubeMX to download a version of TouchGFX that it is compatible with?

Cheers,

Murray

15 REPLIES 15
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

We'll unveil the exact reason for the X-CUBE not being compatible with CubeMX 5.4.0. There's no more TouchGFX Middleware in CubeMX - It's being replaced by "TouchGFX Generator" add-on which now generates your TouchGFX HAL. It feeds the designer input like screen dimensions (=> canvas dimensions) and bitdepth.

/Martin

Jerome B
ST Employee

Hi,

STM32CubeMX 5.5.0 is availble for donwload (https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html) or direct upgrade of your existing install.

Regards

Jérôme

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

So this new 5.5.0 shows it is RC6 dated 12-30-2019 and the 5.5.0 that i got from ST support is dated 12-20-2019. They both show an error as shown in the image. I have tried different combinations using the drop downs but i can't get rid of the error which prevents me from generating a project. How do you start TouchGFX from CubeMX? I have both TouchGFX 4.12.3 and 4.13.0 installed. What am i doing wrong?

0690X00000BviFXQAZ.jpg

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

It's not an error. It's a warning to say that you do not need this particular blending factor for your LTDC layer.

Did you read the post i made with links to articles on both installation and use of the generator?

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BwjU6pSQE/official-release-xcubetouchgfx-v4130

Could you please create a new post titled with any specific issue you may have? I'm closing this as the question was already answered by Jerome.