cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the STM32F46G-Discovery (v2.0.0) 24 bit supported in Stm32CubeIDE?

scottSD
Senior III

I recently created a project for the Stm32F746G-Discovery kit in TouchGFX 4.12.3 and chose version 2.0.0. I was only able to select 24 bit color depth.

When creating a new project in STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0, I was only presented with one option for the STM32F46G-Discovery kit, so I chose it. I see that it is only 16 bit color depth as seen in the BoardConfiguration.cpp file as well as with in the Stm32CubeMX > Middleware >TouchGFX section.

Am I missing something, is there a way to set this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Scott,

This is because Application templates through the designer are made to showcase various bit depths. When you configure things from scratch through CubeIDE/MX you're creating a SPECIFIC hardware configuration (16,24, etc).

/Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Scott,

This is because Application templates through the designer are made to showcase various bit depths. When you configure things from scratch through CubeIDE/MX you're creating a SPECIFIC hardware configuration (16,24, etc).

/Martin

Thanks for your reply Martin.

I am still a bit new at CubeMX, so I am a bit unsure where it needs to be setup.

I assumed it was the LTDC Display Type, but when changing that, the TouchGFX Color Frame Buffer Depth did not change.

However, when I changed the LTDC > Layer Settings > Pixel Parameters, it did effect the TouchGFX Color Frame Buffer Depth. I show it below for other people's reference:

LTDC Pixel Parameters:

0690X00000ArhwJQAR.png

Change reflected in TouchGFX Color Frame Buffer Depth:

0690X00000ArhwYQAR.png

I also found that this does automatically alter the TouchGFX BoardConfiguration.cpp file as well (which is very helpful). 

And, since this relates more to STM32CubeMX, I added this thread to that topic as well.