cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to execute MI command: target remote localhost: 3333

HTran.1891
Associate II

Hi, I’m using STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0 (Window) and bluepill STM32F103C8T6 but I met error when debugging:

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Can anyone show me how to configure debug step by step?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

If you have a regular ST board there should not be a need to configure anything to launch a debug session after you've built the project.

Make sure the board is connected properly. Do you have STM32CubeProgrammer stand-alone? If so, can you connect to the board with it?

If you're still running into problems then please activate the gdb server log in the debug configuration (Debugger tab) and post it.

Hi, I could connect the board using STM32CubeProgrammer and I dont change anything in Debug Configuration. But when I click Debug, it showed the error like above. Here are some pictures that show the debug configuration:

0690X00000AqrB6QAJ.png0690X00000AqrBBQAZ.png0690X00000AqrBGQAZ.png

Is that the problem related to my ST-Link?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am having this exact same issue with STM32CubeIDE on OSX. I haven't changed any of the configurations for the debugger either.

I am using a nucleo32 board. The board is connected via usb and has worked with mbed just fine.

Hi, I found out that the problem is because of fake STM32 chip. If you use real STM32 chip or development board from manufacturer, STM32CubeIDE will work fine.

Fake maybe ONE of the reasons. Certainly not the only reason..... I have the problem with a NEW Nucleo-64 STM32L476​

RS009
Associate III

0693W00000Bbag6QAB.jpgI had the same problem with the Discovery board

> check cable and try changing the port if it still exists then do the following steps, I solved by this way.

Download this ST-Link Utility from ST website as shown in figure

1. Connect your device like discovery board to PC
  2. click on connect to the target, if it shows an error then click on a firmware update.
  3. again click on connect device, it will show the latest version or an older one, once click on update firmware.
  4. after updating once again click on connect the target it will connected and then try to debug from IDE

This worked for me, thanks.

I had actually switched to jlink using the ST-reflash utility and when I restored the ST-Link it was not getting detected in stm32cubeide. But these steps fixed the issue.

I am using a Nucleo F767ZI btw.