cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating from 6.10 to 6.11 on MacOS. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ON A MAC!

Hi, yeah, I'd just like to remind the people that put together the updater portion of CubeMX that Windows has Run as Administrator, but MacOS does not. So when you hit Check For Updates, you get an indication that there is an update, but the check box is some weird colour (not grey, not unchecked, no indication of a reason why you can't select the update, and you can't update). 

To get the updater to work, you have to fire up a command line, cd into the application (for Windows people, a Mac app is a directory containing the executable as well as all of the resources to support the executable), then execute the java code using sudo.

For me, I've been using Macs for many years, it's an annoyance. For people that are newer to embedded systems and especially ST's tools, this is a stopper and just a support issue waiting to get triggered.

Stop doing that.

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Why would CubeMX update need root access? Just to install drivers? And are custom drivers still allowed in MacOS?