cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMF411 Discovery problem with connecting to USB Virtual Com Port, nothing happens

malwina.kubas
Associate

Hi,

I have a problem with connecting my STM32 F4 Discovery to USB. I use Eclipse with CubeMX and I configured USB as Device_Only, VBUS_activate and the rest I left as default. I also set in USB_DEVICE the Class for FS IP "Communication Device Class (Virtual Com Port)". I did everything as in tutorials, like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oED-m34EKk

The program is compiling, I use ST-LINK to downloading programs to stm via SWD and it seems it has no errors. I have the STSW-STM32102 Virtual COM Port Driver installed. I use Windows 7.

The problem is when I plug in USB cable to stm nothing happens, it's not that the system can't recognize device as STM Virtual Port, it's just nothing appears. Can it be some hardware problem or something else?

I will be very thankful for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
Ali Yazdanifar
Associate II

hi. i do the settings that has said in this film with stm32f407zgt board it work correctly , but please check this notes : in this film the HSE is 8M . your board must have a 8Mhz crystal , it is important .