cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issues - Infinite Loop

thayden
Associate II

I've got a brand new VM running Windows 11 pretty much off the shelf. I can install and run Cube IDE but when I try to install the STM32CubeProgrammer (64 bit version) I get into an infinite loop where the following happens:

- It opens the Install Wizard which then closes

- It opens the blue "STM32 Cube Programmer" window, which then closes

- It opens the Install Wizard which then closes

Here is a video of the behavior: https://www.loom.com/share/b3ce5e7a79ad425d840296845fd0c1ed

The only way I can exit this loop is to reset the whole machine. It's not installed, so I can't uninstall it. I tried removing everything, upgrading java, and still the same problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @thayden and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Can you try to install it with admin rights?

Best Regards.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thayden
Associate II

Sadly the same problem! Here is a video link of me installing as administrator:

https://www.loom.com/share/c115cb558d004a33a49953e0a3b4bb0b

I hope this helps

AScha.3
Chief II

Great !

Exactly same endless movie, that it producing on my laptop on WIN10/64 , 22H2 .

I didnt complain about , because i think its almost useless, expecting a solution by STM.

STM has a new political orientation, now its most important to force users to login and check, whether there might be a cheap, old st-linkV2 and refuse working then to debug genuine STM cpus, than making programs, that work reliable or are at all working.

(btw in my case:  End of "case" -> we cannot reproduce the error, so we cannot do anything about it. < )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
thayden
Associate II

Hello - just wondering if I can bump this thread for someone at ST to help. This is still an issue for me. Thank you!

Hi, 

You can call them for support :

http://my.st.com/ols

and give a link to  this thread .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FArdi.1
Associate III

Hello ST.. Any solution?

I'm having same issue, the GUI of STM32CubeProgrammer can't start.

thayden
Associate II

Nope. I can't figure this out. Short of re-installing the entire OS, I'm not sure what to do..

FArdi.1
Associate III

I'm not sure if this information will help ST to figure out the problem.

Everything was working fine few months back with version 2.12.0.

Recently I saw latest version 1.15.0. I updated CubeProgrammer to this version.

Right after finished installation of 1.15.0, there's popup message saying I need to agree about sharing statistical data or something (not sure the exact words).

I click Ok button or agree button, but nothing happen. I have to force close using Windows task manager.

The next time I go into the CubeProgrammer, until now, the blue page shows for one second, then automatically closed.

FArdi.1
Associate III

I just found the workaround: Install 32bit version of STM32CubeProgrammer.

My laptop and the Windows OS is 64bit, so I normally install the 64bit version of STM32CubeProgrammer.

I don't feel difference using 32bit version. It does the basic job that I need (erase, download to MCU, verify).

Using 32bit version.png