cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issues - Infinite Loop

thayden
Associate II

I've got a brand new VM running Windows 11 pretty much off the shelf. I can install and run Cube IDE but when I try to install the STM32CubeProgrammer (64 bit version) I get into an infinite loop where the following happens:

- It opens the Install Wizard which then closes

- It opens the blue "STM32 Cube Programmer" window, which then closes

- It opens the Install Wizard which then closes

Here is a video of the behavior: https://www.loom.com/share/b3ce5e7a79ad425d840296845fd0c1ed

The only way I can exit this loop is to reset the whole machine. It's not installed, so I can't uninstall it. I tried removing everything, upgrading java, and still the same problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @thayden,

Sorry for the late reply. 

I have tested the installation of STM32CubeProg 2.15.0 on Windows 11 and did not encounter the issue described. I even tried with a freshly installed VM, and everything seems to be working fine. Did the same behavior occur with older versions ?

Maryem.

FArdi.1
Associate III

Just an update:

Problem is still there using new version STM32CubeProgrammer v2.16.0. After installing, the program is not responding after I click OK button. See attached pic.

I need to force close from task manager. The next time I run the CubeProgrammer, it auto-closed by itself after showing the blue welcome screen for about 2 seconds.

At least the workaround method is still working:

jre\bin\java.exe -Djna.nosys=true -jar STM32CubeProgrammer.exe