cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT25SF128A External Flash Loader

Nbaşa.1
Associate II

Hi,

I used MT25QL128 flash memory in my project. This product was obsolute then, I decided to use AT12SF128 flash memory instead of MT25QL128 . Now, I use STM32 Cube Programmer and can not write external memory . Program give "memory edition verification error".

help please?

15 REPLIES 15
NDura.16
Associate II

Hi,

I have the same problem. I haven't solved yet. If you solve , can you share the solution?

Thank you

Zero hits on AT12SF128

https://www.adestotech.com/wp-content/uploads/AT25SF128A.pdf

https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/sites/default/files/2021-02/DS-AT25SF128A-168.pdf

You'd likely need code your own loader, or get one written.

Step#1 would be to get your own BSP code working to read, write and erase the memory device.

What STM32? What pins?

Convey some actual details of your implementation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nbaşa.1
Associate II

Thank you for your suggest.

I wrote ".stldr" file for MT25QL128. Pins are quadspi IO pins for my own microcontroller(STM32F746). I arranged gpio settings for these pins in loader code. It work with MT25QL128 . However, these configurations do not work for AT12SF128. Also, pins are same because pcb board is not changed. I can do chip erase and sector erase but I cant read and write in external memory.

Hm, the AT25S128 seems to use a rather conventional instruction set. As long as the block protection bits in status register remain cleared, loader code for MT25QL128 should work after some simple modifications:

• If ID is checked, it has to be adjusted, furthermore 0x9F works only in 1-line mode.
  • Write Enable only in 1-line mode
  • Read Status Register only in 1-line mode
  • If Quad I/O Fast Read 0xEB is used: instruction in 1-line, address and data in 4-line mode, and one extra M byte after address has to set up properly (via one alternate byte, or maybe one extra dummy byte with all pull-ups enabled or all pull-downs enabled)
  • Quad Page Program 0x32: instruction and address 1-line, data 4-line
  • no configuration required (i.e. no QE bit, no Enter Quad Mode)

In a sense, the AT25S128 is much simpler than the MT25QL128 as there is no configuration required/possible (no QE bit, no Enter Quad Mode). Since chip erase and sector erase works, all boils down to the *different* 1-line/4-line mix for read/program and the extra M byte for read.

AT25S128

>>Also, pins are same because pcb board is not changed.

Ok, but that doesn't establish what they are for people outside your immediate orbit. Did you copy the STM32F746 DISCO or EVAL board design?

You don't identify the .STLDR you where using, this establishes part/board details baked inside.

@NDura.16​ can you expand on details about your platform and implementation.

Do you have a serial port for debugging? Which pins/usart ?

Can one of the parties here please establish the model of STM32 involved, the pins used for QSPI (explicitly state the ones you've used/chosen), and the availability of a debug/diagnostic UART connection (again explicit pins, and clocking source for your design)

Again if the board copies the DISCO or EVAL reference design, these details would also be useful in building a test BSP, and External Loader.

Microcontroller is STM32F746IGT , then I use PB2(CLK), PF8(IO0) , PF9(IO1), PF7(IO2), PF6(IO3) , PB6(CS). I used default STM Loader code. I changed this code for these pins. Now, I make chip erase and sector erase. But, I do not read in memory, show in picture. My read command is "0x6B" .

I have progressed on the subject but could not reach the result.

0693W00000FDLjhQAH.jpg