cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USART2 is not working in NUCLEO-G491RE

abhishek1991
Associate II

Hi STM Community,

I was trying to use USART2 on NUCLEO-G491RE board, but it is disabled from the start.

It is highlighted in Pink and I am not able to edit it.  Can you please tell me how to make it work ?

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Regards,

STMUSER

img1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Check if USART2 is already selected in the Bsp menu:  

SofLit_0-1720430008334.png

If it's the case you no more need to configure it in Connectivity menu.
Unless you need to customise the configuration. in that case disable it from the Bsp menu and USART2 will be available in the Connectivity menu.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Check if USART2 is already selected in the Bsp menu:  

SofLit_0-1720430008334.png

If it's the case you no more need to configure it in Connectivity menu.
Unless you need to customise the configuration. in that case disable it from the Bsp menu and USART2 will be available in the Connectivity menu.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

LPUART1 and UART2 uses the same RX/TX pins. You currently have LPUART1 enabled so that is why you can't use UART2. If you don't need the LPUART1 then disable it. Then you will be able to select UART2.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Thank you. Appreciate your reply.