cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True version number for the CMSIS-RTOS ("injected" by CubeMX)

mwb
Associate III

Hi all!

Where do I find the "true" version number for the CMSIS-RTOS code "injected" by CubeMX?

While STM32CubeMX (v6.9.1) shows "2.0.0"...

mwb_0-1715758081462.png

.. the header file in my project (CMSIS_RTOS_V2/cmsis_os.h) has the following in the comment header

* $Date: 10. January 2017
* $Revision: V2.1.0
* Project: CMSIS-RTOS API
* Title: cmsis_os.h FreeRTOS header file

followed by a version history, clearly mentioning Version 2.1.0.

Is the cmsis_os.h header file the "proper source of truth"? Or is it a different file?

The most recent revision history can also be found here: https://arm-software.github.io/CMSIS_5/RTOS2/html/rtos_revisionHistory.html (but that's of course independent of the version from what I am using).

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @mwb 

The two pieces of information are not necessarily contradictory, the CMSIS-RTOS version in CubeMX refers to CMSIS-V2 and not CMSIS-V1,  it's not "2.0.0", it's just the V2

You can refer to the exact version with your CMSIS_RTOS_V2/cmsis_os.h file.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @mwb 

The two pieces of information are not necessarily contradictory, the CMSIS-RTOS version in CubeMX refers to CMSIS-V2 and not CMSIS-V1,  it's not "2.0.0", it's just the V2

You can refer to the exact version with your CMSIS_RTOS_V2/cmsis_os.h file.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.