cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H755 HALTick Timer and FreeRtos - Problem with Code generation

Curtis B.
Senior

Hello folks,

I discovered a problem in the code generation of CubeIDE and I don't know if it is a bug or a PEBKAC.

I set up a project for te H755 nucleo board. First, I just started blinking some LEDs with both cores. Worked fine.

Then I changed the HAL tick timer from Systick to TIM7 for the CM7 core. Works as intended, too. But when I enable FreeRtos for the CM7 the program gets stuck, because the default handler is triggered.

I analysed that the interrupt that ended in the default handler ist the interrupt from TIM7. The reason for that is, when FreeRTOS is enabled, in the file "stm32h7xx_it.c" the IRQ handler for TIM7 is not generated that should normally look like this:

void TIM7_IRQHandler(void)
{
  /* USER CODE BEGIN TIM7_IRQn 0 */

/* USER CODE END TIM7_IRQn 0 */
  HAL_TIM_IRQHandler(&htim7);
  /* USER CODE BEGIN TIM7_IRQn 1 */

/* USER CODE END TIM7_IRQn 1 */
}

I added the snipped manually and everything works fine. But why is this code snippet not generated? In older firmaware packages for the H7 core and another controller it worked with no additional settings. Is the a bug, or did I miss something in the configuration?

Best regards,

Daniel

13 REPLIES 13

I just tried the ioc file you provided. In the generated code, the IRQ handler is still missing.

Regards,

Daniel

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Could you please re-install the CubeIDE then re-check ? Issue not reproduced on my side

Curtis B.
Senior

Hi, also checked this on another computer. Latest CubeIDE, latest firmwarepackage. Same problem :(

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hi @Curtis B.​ ,

This will be internally ore checked, I will give you an update as soon as possible, and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Khouloud