cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE - CubeMX deletes project

AWies.1
Associate III

I am trying to use STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0. Previously I was using 1.3.0. I was calling the CubeMX, since I wanted to make a change to the configuration. When CubeMX generated the update code, it deleted the entire project. No traces of the project are left, except for the root directory and and an empty directory "Drivers/CMSIS". Why is this happening? Forunately, I made a backup just before I did this, otherwise my entire project would have been gone.

42 REPLIES 42
Ooo
Associate II

Dear ST community. Thanks your feedbacks I'm able to confirm I have identified an issue.

I'm able to reproduce. A fix should be provided as soon as possible. We are working on.

Definitively apologize for inconvenience.

Issue is triggered within very specific configuration. Based on shared material (many Thanks for that … without such sharing no chance to have done related analysis), both projects are existing already projects relying on some Utilities usage as pointed by @Cartu38 OpenDev​ what's issue root source.

I'll keep you up to date obviously.

Could you share your .ioc file. Helping us all. Only sharing is enabling analysis and related fix actions.

Utilities are not only JPEG and/or TouchGFX but can be USB, BLE if some configurations

Have not tried myself your proposal but sounds to me not right advice to rely on STM32CubeMX standalone to perform updates if working within STM32CubeIDE as far as integration of is done. Mixing applications according to me could trigger more issue than promoting solutions.

Ooo
Associate II

Dear ST community,

Starting right now a 1.4.1 STM32CubeIDE release is available to you.

Please, at least if using 1.4.0 release right now, update to 1.4.1 relying on “Help > Check for Updates�?. You should even have been notified about.

Such minor 1.4.1 patch (some Kbytes) is solving issue reported by this topic.

We really apologize for inconvenience.

Issue was triggered according very specific conditions but as issue result is severe, I would back strongly advise you to update to 1.4.1 in any case shortly.

We have fixed issue and done a full review of our code preventing this kind of trouble to happen back.

Such quick fix has only been possible Thanks to your shared material helping us to dig into shortly. We really appreciate and encourage you to share, if possible, each time you have a support request whatever it is (help request, bug suspicion, …).

We are committed to best service to you all.

Yes definitively .project & .cproject contents are proprietary metadata. High risk to play with. All reported natures & related behavior are on purpose.

I just dowloaded the 1.4.1 version and I can confirm the problem is gone. And to be safe, I also undid the changes I did in the ".project" file. Thanks for the quick fix.

dungeonlords789
Senior III

0693W000003C9XoQAK.png[Bug]

I have got problem with CubeIDE 1.41 on Windows. CubeIDE sometimes delete \Core\Src folder of projects. I often delete projects from IDE but never check Delete project content on disk. After deleting I am copy project with new folder name, open it on IDE and rename. This is my simplest control version system. The joke is that I can build and debug project without \Core\Src. Before project Clear of cause...

Also there is problem with slash direction. I usually use CubeIDE on Ubuntu, but sometime on Windows.

@Florent V​ 

'/' is all OSes supported as path separator.

'\' is Windows only supported as path separator.

Loosing Core/Src are you doing any code generation from .ioc editor (aka. device configuration tool) ? Or "only" project copy / paste move / rename /close / open action(s) ?

"only" project copy / paste move / rename /close / open action(s) .