cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE - CubeMX deletes project

AWies.1
Associate III

I am trying to use STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0. Previously I was using 1.3.0. I was calling the CubeMX, since I wanted to make a change to the configuration. When CubeMX generated the update code, it deleted the entire project. No traces of the project are left, except for the root directory and and an empty directory "Drivers/CMSIS". Why is this happening? Forunately, I made a backup just before I did this, otherwise my entire project would have been gone.

42 REPLIES 42

try to open your windows CubeIDE proj on Ubuntu. Not so simple.

So facing here most probably Eclipse / STM32Cube project structure pair tricks​. Could you possibly describe a scenario from A to Z helping to reproduce ? We may help you then.

Unfortunately, this has only happened twice so far.

Now I can't cause a bug on purpose with \Core\Src deleting.

But this is another surprice! I can't import copy of my prev project. I copy-past folder, rename it and try to import... You say that path is too long, but I can import all projects from "D:\Program Files (x86)\Texas Instruments\my proj cubeMX" except "EncoderDetectorsCopy" even if I rename it to "lala". But if I cut "EncoderDetectorsCopy" to "D:", I can import it, cut again to "D:\Program Files (x86)\Texas Instruments\my proj cubeMX" and import to CubeIDE normally! Windows 7, CubeIDE 1.41 Build: 7610_20200730_1509

0693W000003Oc2PQAS.png0693W000003Oc2FQAS.png