cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubef3 v1.11 build error in IAR IDE

Iyoon.1
Associate II

I compiled the stemwin example of stm32cubef3 v1.11.0 with IAR v9.10. If the optimizations of the c/c++ compiler is high (size), there is no problem, but if it is None or Low, the following error occurs.

stm32f3xx_hal_rcc.c  

Tool Internal Error:  

Internal Error: [AsmLine - OgAsm]: Error: Invalid shift amount    LSRS   R6,R6,#+0     

Internal Error: [AsmLine - OgAsm]: Error: Invalid shift amount    LSRS   R6,R6,#+0     

How do I fix the error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's their error message - so they would be the best placed to understand what, exactly, would cause it to say that.

And you say there is no error when using an earlier IAR version - so you should at least be asking IAR what they've changed...?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Iyoon.1​ ,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community ��

Thanks for posting your feedback. I doubt that this issue is related to the STM32CubeMX tool since you're using  stemwin example available in the STM32Cube firmware examples for STM32F3 Series. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

Other topics has been added to this post, in order to increase its chance to be reviewed by our experts.

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ , @Amel NASRI​ ,

Can you please help @Iyoon.1​  and provide a status on this reported issue.

Khouloud.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Iyoon.1​ ,

I cannot reproduce this error using IAR v8.50 when running the STemWin example with STM32CubeF3 v1.11.2:

STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.11.2\Projects\STM32303C_EVAL\Applications\STemWin\STemWin_HelloWorld\EWARM

Which example are using ?

Can you please try to use previous version of EWARM, then keep me informed about your update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Have you contacted IAR about this?

No problem using IAR v8.50, but I 'm using IAR v9.10.

The IAR has not been contacted yet because an error occurred in "stm32f3xx hal rcc.c".

It's their error message - so they would be the best placed to understand what, exactly, would cause it to say that.

And you say there is no error when using an earlier IAR version - so you should at least be asking IAR what they've changed...?

I confirmed from them that this error is an IAR IDE issue. The v9.10.2 update will be available around May 19th.

Thanks for your ​reply.