cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Bug In STM32Cube Version 6.0.0.0 When Migrating Projects

Dub Bartolec
Associate III

We have project for STM32F405 configured and code generated with STM32Cube 5.x.x.x.

After installing Version 6.0.0.0 and when project was migrated to STM32Cube Version 6.0.0.0 and code regenerated, all IRQ priorities for peripherals (UART, SPIs, I2C, USB, etc) were set to 0 instead to 5. Firmware compiled but it was crashing in various parts.

Details from IOC file:

Original File:

MxCube.Version=5.6.1

MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.60

Migrated File:

MxCube.Version=6.0.0

MxDb.Version=DB.6.0.0

All IRQ priorities set to 0. Had to manually change them to 5 in order to get firmware running again.

We also have project for STM32L072 and on that MCU Version 6.0.0.0 also migrates all IRQ priorites to 0. Had to be fixed manually.

This seems to be fairly serious fault that is pretty much show stopper for us.

14 REPLIES 14
dwei.11
Associate II

@Dub Bartolec​ 

Yeah, What a joke, when I upgrade to cubemx 6.0.1, it can't work, OMG, unbelievable, then I have to downgrade to cubemx 5.4.

It is absolute nightmare what they are doing. They are re-architecturing app to support future and other real time OSes (their words). They do not support them yet (nor they will in my view for a next 12 months) but they are perfectly happy to break functionality people rely on and don't even think about it anymore as it worked for years.

I can see flood of same questions on this forum. "I built project using STM32Cube and my serial is not working. Aah,. forgot to mention I enabled FreeRTOS", etc. etc.

I've been using STM32Cube since first release and what they did with 6.0.0.0 is worst I've ever seen by any company.

I have 50+ projects that are generated with various versions of STM32Cube for different clients. I need to keep STM32Cube version for each release we did as I cannot trust that what they "improved" in new version will not break earlier firmware release we did. Sometimes projects are not touched for 2-3 years then we add some functionality and so on and on.

I have test project on STM32F411 that runs every single peripheral and if it fails I do not update STM32Cube.

That's how I found about this 6.0.0.0 issue.

It just looks like they are doing all those crucial changes and no QA in place then we are wasting our time to debug and tell them what's wrong.

Pity. All the pretty cubes falling apart... ((

0693W000003RZsdQAG.jpg

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @dwei.1​ @Dub Bartolec​ ,

To avoid this problem, we are currently putting out a warning asking to manually set priorities.

At the same time, we are improving this solution to have the best one in our next versions.

We are again sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Houda

lchi.1
Associate

hi, now i'm using cube 6.5 and this bug get again, i tried to fix with all method i can find, but it still not work, any idea can help me?