cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect order of initialization STM32H753

MMüll.6
Associate III

The ADC and SPI use the DMA, but the CubeIDE initialize the DMA at last ant the SPI initialization fails. See screenshot.

CubeMX Version 6.6.1

Please fix this mistake. Attachment, the Screenshot.

The second problem: I cannot chage the "Rank" order from initialization.

The correct rank will be:

• first "SystemClock"
  • second "GPIO"
  • third "DMA"
  • then the rest.

Other controllers like STM32G484 is the CubeMX code generation correct.

14 REPLIES 14
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Markus Müller​ ,

You can solve this issue by applying the workaround described in the following thread MX_DMA_Init order in the main.c file generated by STM32CubeMX, How to fix?

I couldn't reproduce the issue from my side, could you please help me with a detailed scenario so that I can I report it ?

Thanks,

Sara.

If you create a project for the H753IIK, activate some peripherals first, e.g. ADC1, SPI1, SPI2, TIM1, TIM2, and then after that add a DMA channel for ADC1, for example, DMA is added to the Generated Function Calls at the bottom and cannot be moved.

If the DMA channel is inserted right at the beginning, the function call is also in the right place.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Here is the CubeMX project file, with this file you can reproduce my problem.

Thanks Markus

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Markus Müller​ ,

Issue confirmed from my side, it seems that the DMA init order is not set correctly in H7 devices.

Please check the workaround proposed in this thread MX_DMA_Init order in the main.c file generated by STM32CubeMX, How to fix?

I submitted an internal ticket, I will keep you posted.

Internal ticket number: 131855 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Markus Müller​ ,

This issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.7.0 is now available under this Link.

Thanks for your contribution 😊

Sara.