cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In CubeIde: IOC file behavior after code generation !

MFred.2
Associate III

With STM32CubeIde 1.9.0, open and change some settings in the IOC file, save your changes, and then click yes when a popup asks you to generate the code. At the end of the code generation, the IOC file is marked again as an unsaved file!

16 REPLIES 16
MM..1
Chief II

And what ?

@MM..1​ : I think the question is: "Why does the IOC file get marked as 'unsaved' ("dirty") when it hasn't been edited?"

@MFred.2​ : so has the IOC file actually changed?

MM..1
Chief II

I mean after generating is ioc marked / edited with generation info and result , but yes ...

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> "Why does the IOC file get marked as 'unsaved' ("dirty") when it hasn't been edited?"

Changes in the view state are also saved in the .ioc file (zoom level, rotation of the chip view).

These changes do not affect code generation, can be discarded.

So not thought-through for revision control, then?

:persevering_face:

Looks so. There were many complaints that .ioc files are not friendly to revision control. No sign of progress.

MFred.2
Associate III

I confirm the behavior (bug),

open and change some parameters in the IOC file, save your changes, regenerate the code, at this time the file is saved. At the end of the code generation, the IOC file is again marked as an unsaved file!

And when you compile your project, a pop up asks you again: "Do you want to generate code?".

it's endless end

but did you check if any changes were made by/during the generation process - as suggested above?

if so, then it's correct that the file has changed!

MFred.2
Associate III

When the code generation is in progress, a modal window displays the progress, it is impossible to modify anything