cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a MDK-ARM Project with CUBEMX 5.6.0

MikeP
Associate III

Hello,

I have recently switched computers and i have installed Keil IDE and CubeMX 5.6.0 onto the new PC, but when i create a project i get an error saying:

"The code is successfully generated under........ but MDK-ARM V5.27 project generation have a problem"

I have tried multiple different locations to see if it was that causing the problem , but no change.

I installed CUBEMX 5.5 and 5.4 and they both show this problem however if i used V5.3 the project generates successfully.

i can obviously just work from V5.3 but this would mean i cant open any recent projects

Any help would be appreciated -i'm out of ideas what to try

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeP
Associate III

Good Morning,

I exausted all options and ended up wiping my computers HDD and resetting everything to factory setting

Thankfully this worked

Very bizarre situation especially how a previous version would work,

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @MikeP​ 

Could you please share your .ioc to check the issue.

Best regards,

Nesrine

MikeP
Associate III

Hello @Nesrine.JLASSI​ 

Thank you very much for your reply. I have attached a Zip file with my project, (i have generated for both MDK-ARM and the CubeIDE)

I look forward to your findings!

Kind Regards,

Mike

Hi @MikeP​ 

I just reproduced the same scenario and I had no problem (neither with keil nor STM32CubeIDE). it work correctly.

Please try to uninstall then reinstall MDK-ARM (try with version v5.29).

Best regards,

Nesrine

MikeP
Associate III

Hi @Nesrine.JLASSI​ 

Thank you for looking into this.

I have uninstalled then reinstalled Keil MDK-ARM v5.29 (with Windows uninstaller) but this hasn't worked and i am getting the same error. I also tried a new project

Kind Regards,

Mike

Hi @MikeP​ 

It's an odd behavior, it works well from my side.

Regards,

Nesrine

MikeP
Associate III

Good Morning,

I exausted all options and ended up wiping my computers HDD and resetting everything to factory setting

Thankfully this worked

Very bizarre situation especially how a previous version would work,

Thanks,

Mike

Well, very happy for you !

Best regards,

Nesrine