cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 6.12 Generated CMake Projects for Dual Core MCUs differs from Single Core

drewhanshaw
Associate II

Hi all,

I recently updated to the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.12 in order to take advantage of the ability for CubeMX to generate a CMake project for a dual-core MCU (specifically for the STM32H7 family). However, I'm a little confused on the implementation of this feature, specifically with how it compares to the CMake projects generated for single-core MCUs.

Could anyone help me understand why the CMake project is now generate as PRIVATE, in a separate mx-generated.cmake file, rather than as an INTERFACE library as it was with single-core projects? Having the code generated in this way allowed me to use the generated CMakeLists file (the one with all of the HAL driver source files and include paths, I think it's typically located at [cubeMX project location]/cmake/stm32cubemx) as a way to easily add the HAL driver for a given micro to my app, and I was able to build the same app targeting multiple different micros thanks to this.

Ultimately, my issue is with how the CMake project generated when compared to single core MCUs. Of course, there's endless ways to configure a CMake project, but why the dual core setup deviated from the existing paradigm of building as an INTERFACE is confusing to me.

Could anyone from ST weigh in on this?

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0