cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With STM32Cube IDE v1.15.0 update problem with STLink

mcagriaksoy
Associate II

Hello all,

I have updated the STM32Cube IDE version to the 1.15.0, it has own STLinkUpgrade tool which is also updated to version 3.14.5. But a problem arised. It wants me to update my STLink V2 firmware. When I tried, It gives error like:

"Unexpected flash size for ST-Link Micro. Don`t know how to upgrade."

mcagriaksoy_0-1710936591320.png

But I can use the older version 3.13.4 without any problem:

mcagriaksoy_1-1710936651740.png

Is there a problem caused by 3.13.5 or caused by my ST-Link V2?

25 REPLIES 25
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Try to update your ST-Link FW with the STSW-LINK007 ST-Link firmware updater application. Use ST-LinkUpgrade.exe executable.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LPode.1
Associate II

Hi, I have exactly same problem.

Rom size problem could be from wrong file path. Let 's wait a fix.

Thanks

PHolt.1
Senior III

Just a data point: Cube 1.15.0 successfully upgraded firmware in my STLINK V3 ISOL but could not use the debugger afterwards (error messages posted above).

I did not try running Cube on the target without upgrading the debugger, which unfortunately I did immediately.

Thanks for this!

One of our engineers was able to make it work following through on your suggestion.

It also indicates that Cube's latest update has goofed up Link code

Hi, yes i had the same issues. after playing around i discovered if you change the debug settings it does work.

run->debug configurations-> debugger tab then change the debug probe to "ST LINK (Open OCD)" then it all works ignore the red text during uploading.

Be nice if they actually tested the new software before releasing, rather then leaving it up to the users to find the bugs.

Hi,

I tried but same. The versions of ST-Link firmware updater applications are same.

IC
Associate

I've downloaded the ST-Link upgrade v3.14.5 from:

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html

Unpack the zip and run STLinkUpgrade exe in the windows folder.

I was surprised when this successfully upgraded the ST-Link/V2 to V2.J44.S7 and then allowed the IDE to run without prompting for an upgrade it cannot complete!

Hope this works for you until a fix comes out for STM32Cube IDE 1.15.0

Regards Ian

Thank you for posting this. That solved my problem.

Wow! I am curious how, let me try once again 😁

Coti, you're the best. I installed STMprogrammer and updated from here. At first it threw the same error, but then I disconnected my board and connected it while holding down the RESET button and.... VOILA! It allowed me to download the firmware. Then I tried in STMCubeIDE, the warning message came up that I needed to update, I clicked NO, and DONE! Thank you very much! I've been dealing with this for two days.