cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With STM32Cube IDE v1.15.0 update problem with STLink

mcagriaksoy
Associate II

Hello all,

I have updated the STM32Cube IDE version to the 1.15.0, it has own STLinkUpgrade tool which is also updated to version 3.14.5. But a problem arised. It wants me to update my STLink V2 firmware. When I tried, It gives error like:

"Unexpected flash size for ST-Link Micro. Don`t know how to upgrade."

mcagriaksoy_0-1710936591320.png

But I can use the older version 3.13.4 without any problem:

mcagriaksoy_1-1710936651740.png

Is there a problem caused by 3.13.5 or caused by my ST-Link V2?

25 REPLIES 25

Tati_rn, try https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html as in my post above, it will do the update to the latest version and stop the warnings for STMCubeIDE.

Hello @PHolt.1 ,

Could you please specify the board that you are using?

Otherwise, here are some steps you can take to fix the problem:

•  Check Connection:

Under Window --> Preferences--> Network Connections, activate Native provider
Under Window --> Preferences--> Firmware Updater, click on Check Connection
don't forget Apply and Close, if the connection works.

• Erase the Flash memory using STM32Cubeprogrammer
  • Disconnect the target from STM32CubeProgrammer
  • Start the GDB server, preferably using a different port number
  • Debug the program using ST-LINK_gdbserver

If that doesn't work, try this:

•  Uninstall and reinstall the ST-LINK drivers on your computer. Ensure that the drivers are compatible with your operating system.
  •  Check that STLink usb drivers are installed
  •  When you plug the board to the PC, It should enumerate as a STLink debug probe in device manager
  •  Check the wiring cable and find one you know for sure is a data cable.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rim.

PHolt.1
Senior III

It is a custom design of mine; not an ST board.

The STLINK V3 ISOL firmware update worked. The issue was with Cube IDE reported a missing file (see my post on eevblog; could not post the link here sine this forum removes certain words) but the file was not missing. Multiple threads here too.

I reverted to 1.14.1 and everything works again. I will freeze this project on 1.14.1 because one cannot just keep updating for ever, and allocate time to a production product to sort out a broken new tool version.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to solve this problem, but after about 3 hours of messing around, my solution was the same as PHolt.1, revert to 1.14.1. 

mcagriaksoy
Associate II

Summary: I tried with the latest ST-LINK Updater exe version 3.15.6 and my problem has been resolved.

Document: Firmware upgrade for ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1 and STLINK‑V3 boards - Release note

mcagriaksoy_0-1713437640213.png

It is happy to see my issue on fixes issues list.

The newer version of updater is not embedded on IDE yet. You need to download from here: STSW-LINK007 - ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1, STLINK-V3 boards firmware upgrade - STMicroelectronics

PhnaQuoc
Associate

How can I log in to my.st account on stm32cubeIDME, it always reports problems with network devices, saying the module is disconnected, while everything is normal. Can someone help me? Thank