cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I-DISC1 changed to obsolete RIGHT NOW -> how to work?

IBret
Associate II

I just wanted to create a new project for the board ( last project I created about 24 hours ago, was still working ). That caused an update to run, the device is now obsolete, and I can't create projects, get the error: The target device 'STM32F429I-DISC1' is currently not supported by STM32CubeIDE according 'Obsolete' marketing status

As of now, the status on https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f429idiscovery.html is still ACTIVE. What is that, and how can it be fixed urgently?

19 REPLIES 19
TKeel
Associate II

That is, unless ST will give me a beta tester job....

S.Ma
Principal

100 USD per validated bug report incentive?

alterushka
Associate II

Yes it works

Delete  .stmcufinder directory and start without internet

TThan
Associate III

Thank's a lot for the hint with removing ".stmcufinder"

You actually saved my weekend, now I can make my demo app.

I did not completely disable networl connection here, just used Windows Firewall to inhibit internetaccess for STM32CubeIDE.

Works like a charm, thanky you again.

/Thomas

First, ST would need to notice at all.

JW

IBret
Associate II

The activation status is in boards.json....taking a backup of that file when in clean state should do the trick...whenever create a new project just restore your healthy copy again.

I raised a support case, somewhen Monday/Tuesday they should notice

In that case with ST's software quality I could quit my job and earn more with bug reports...

occam25
Associate II

Just in case it helps someone, I just faced the same problem and solved it by editing the boards.json file (in .stmcufinder/plugins/mcufinder/mcu), changing the "marketingStatus" of my board from "Obsole" to "Active".

I just tried it now and it worked, my board apears as active and I can create the project.

Happy coding : )

Javi

Thomas Borowczak
ST Employee

Dear community members

The issue that many of you have faced and reported here these last 2 days, where our boards were marked as "obsolete" in STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE has been solved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thomas