cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run/Debug don't work

BRonc.1
Associate III

Hi,

I've STM32CubeIDE v1.14.1 on a Windows10 PC. I've NUCLEO-G0B1RE board and I've created my workspace with a standard project starting from the NUCELO ioc configuration. I can build the project and upload the .elf file on the uC with STM32CubeProgrammer software, no problem, it works.

When I try to Run or Debug the project from the STM32CubeIDE, nothing happens; also if I try to add some lauch configuration from Properties->Run/Debug Settings menu, nothing happens......

Another strange thing is that in the Build Analyzer tab I have no info about memory usage.... 

problem.png

Is there a way to solve?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BRonc.1
Associate III

Hi @AScha.3  @Pavel A. @Imen.D ,

I've tried a fresh install on a MAC device and everything is working correctly, so I've uninstalled all ST software (STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeProgrammer, STM32CubeMX and STlinkserver) and re-installed ONLY STM32CubeIDE v1.14.1.

For a magic, now everthing is working fine: I see the Nucleo ST-LINK programmer and I can run and debug; I can see also RAM and FLASH usage..... So the problem is solved with a fresh install......

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @BRonc.1 ,

The Memory Regions tab is empty if the elf file has no corresponding map file.

When a map file is found, the region names, start address, end address, total size of region, free size, used size and usage information are presented.

So, make sure that the correct elf file and project are selected.

For that, I recommend following the chapter "2.4 Build Analyzer" of the STM32CubeIDE User Guide:

"The STM32CubeIDE Build Analyzer feature interprets program information from the elf file in detail and presents the information in a view. If a map file, with similar name, is found in the same folder as the elf file the information from the map file is also used and even more information can be presented." 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

+ there is NO linker option selected to suppress the map file!  and maybe the .list file as well.

Hi @Imen.D ,

I've just compiled the default NUCLEO-G0B1 project example, and I think there's already a .lst and a .map file:

problem2.png

And here's my settings (they could be all default values):

problem3.png

Is there something missing? 

Hi @Pavel A. ,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sorry, I don't understand your note, why you suggest to suppress the file? Maybe you mean generate?

By the way, my options are

problem3.png

and I think the .map file is already generated with the linker options. Do you think there's something wrong?

map file -> look at project -> properties :

AScha3_0-1705651788073.png

+

Try:  make : menu -> file -> new -> stm32 project .... select cpu, give name (wait...until it shows ioc edit) ;

set in ioc : debug to swd ; then generate code ;   

compile , is now memory usage shown ?

then debug -> configurations (set debug for this new name-thing ) -> debug .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @AScha.3 ,

It is already set as you suggest by default:

problem4.png

But nothing is shown :( 

>But nothing is shown :( 

Where ??

You did everything (!) according to my last post ?

compile -> success ? no error, no warning ? etc ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @AScha.3 ,

yes, I've done the required steps: generate code and build, obtaining no errors and no warnings, but the .lst and .map files are generated (the mem usage is still empty):

BRonc1_0-1705656283802.png

Ok ok, and the -> debug ? ( You have set debug -> configurations -> (this test_proj )  first )