cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up-to-date version of USB-PD "demo" wiki seems broken

Franz.1
Associate II

Ok, so I tried to follow

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32StepByStep:Getting_started_with_USB-Power_Delivery_Sink

for an example on how to use STM32G0B1 family as a simple USBC Power delivery sink. The Article seems to have received an update on June 2024 so it suggested to be rather up-to-date.

Unfortunately, lots (!) of things have changed when I try to reproduce the settings that are done in CubeMX in the Tutorial. For some settings I am quite sure that I found the "correspondence" in the current version of CubeIDE/CubeMX but with others, one is really lost because settings or variables just don´t exist anymore or new ones were added. It makes not even sense to ask for all of these here, because really a lot of different things in different tabs or sections have changed.

If the Wiki should allow a more or less useful "getting started" approach, this is really broken. Has anybody followed the guide with a more of less recent version of the G0 FW Libs and a more or less recent CubeIDE version? I am currently using the latest 1.16 of CubeIDE.

P.S.:  Tutorials like this one is even "evil" in my opinion. It tricks the customer to think that there is at least a guide for some common use cases/scenarios which work out of the box and which the customer can base further investigation on. If there is not even a functional demo from a company like ST, then please remove the page that claims to have one.

3 REPLIES 3
LLECH.1
ST Employee

Hello Franz,

Thank you for your feedback, could explain a little bit more what settings or parameters you are talking about so that we can improve wiki page ? Did you try to follow this video :  How to build an USBPD Sink application using the X-Cube-TCPP software pack ? 

It might help you to build your own application since it is a full demonstration of where to click to build a sink application in STM32CubeMX.

Best Regards,

@LLECH.1 : Ok. First, sorry for the rant, but to me - breaking changes happen way too often in CubeMX/CubeIDE.

BUT - I did really a lot of different tests with most recent CubeIDE 1.16 and while doing so I deleted all the Cube Versions I had ever on the PC, more or less a complete cleanup. Reinstalling everything from ground up and going through the tutorial in fact gives code that actually compiles with no errors. I would apologize since it now seems working but I really have no ideas which problem was solved by the complete wipe and reinstall since I did nothing different than before while following the video. 

Anyway: Thanks for your reply on the issue! A question remains: Is there a PD Sink example/demo that comes without the need of an OS?

Thanks!

@LLECH.1 : any "news" on the question about a "non-OS based" demo?