cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h747 discovery blank

yakabmarci
Senior

i just received my brand new stm32h747 discovery board, on power-up it does nothing just two LEDs light up, according to the user manual it should be preloaded with a demo.

I checked in cube prog and it reports as blank.

Is it possible that my device got damaged somehow or it is just not flashed?

aren't units tested before shipping out?

Is this a common thing? I don't remember ever receiving a discovery board blank

45 REPLIES 45
BRobe.3
Associate II

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I don't thik that Demo2 is the basic demo. Anyway, it failed.(below the end of reporting)

Other demos are working for example COVER TRANSISTION

Best Regards

Robert

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

make[3]: *** [CM7/TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf] Error 87

make[2]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make: *** [flash] Error 2

makefile_cm7:49: recipe for target 'all' failed

make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_10/gcc'

../../gcc/Makefile:10: recipe for target 'flash' failed

Failed

Failed

ATaka.2
Associate II

About 3 months ago, I purchased an evaluation kit, STM32H747I-DISC0, from STMicro.

I bought it about 3 months ago. When I connect the evaluation kit's CN2 to my PC with a USB cable, the demo software should start.

However, it does not start at all.

However, if I press B1, the reset button, at 2-second intervals after the LE8 light comes on, the software seems to boot up on the fourth press of the button.

Once it is activated, the demo software will be activated once B1 is pressed. Once activated, pressing B1 once will reset the software and restart the demo.

and the demo will restart.

If the USB is unplugged and plugged in in this state, the demo will not start unless the reset button is pressed four times again.

the demo will not start up again.

This is the third kit I have purchased and the last two kits before the minor change did not have this symptom and worked correctly.

This is the third kit I have purchased.

What is the cause? What is the countermeasure?

Thank you, Peter -- Yes, it helped. Thanks for fixing the link to the demo page also. Of course if I had read your instructions more carefully before clicking everywhere at random I'd have found the demos earlier ;-).

Strangely, though, the demos (both Fruitti & GFX) didn't seem to have loaded at first, and only appeared after I left the setup overnight. The Fruitti game worked as expected after the splash screen showed up, but the GFX demo just put up a stale first screen. It didn't do anything until after multiple plugging and unplugging of the USB, and pressing every button. I didn't know which button finally did the trick, but the screen transition was painfully slow -- taking multiple seconds -- nothing like what you see from the "Getting started" video.

My questions:

1. Does the DISCO load code at 1200 bits/s like the Arduino, and thus the overnight time it took to download code; and
  2. Should the GFX demo run as fast as they show in the video?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjybKQAQ.pngThanks for any insight and pointers!

Benjamin

1200 bps is ridiculous even for UART connection... But SWD connection and ST-LINK debugger can go up to several Mbps and are typically used with such speeds.

wbotros
Associate II

I just had the same issue, even the reset button was doing nothing. 

I connected the board, detected by the Programmer, then I pushed one of the touchGFX samples. and all went fine. 

It seems the board came blank! 

Hi, Sarra.S I am also having a similar problem like the above mentioned title.

The display showed nothing except blinking red LED @ LD10.

How do I access to the "Go to Solution" and the ticket number is 147459?

Please advise how I can resolve the problem. Thank you.

regards

Clement Yap