cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32H743 ADC 16bit Really ?

GreenGuy
Lead

The cubemx example for ADC scan of internal channels for 743-eval shows the converted values being multiplied by 4.  So is it really 16 bit or 14?  I have verified the necessity of multiplying by 4 to get correct readings for VBat.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello @GreenGuy 

There is an internal resistor divider by 4 between VBAT pin and ADC3_INP17 input channel.
Check the DS12110 Rev 10 in Table 192. VBAT monitoring characteristics the Q ratio on internal VBAT measurement.
It's also explained in RM0433 in section Table 192. VBAT monitoring characteristics.

This is why the ADC_InternalChannelConversion example compute the VBAT voltage and multiply the ADC3_INP17 by Q=4. ADC3 on STM32H74x/75x are 16bits resolution.
Hope it answers to your question.

Best regards,

Romain,

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

And how is resolution (i.e. ADC_CFGR.RES) set?

JW

SofLit
ST Employee

+

AN5354 "Getting started with the STM32H7 Series MCU 16-bit ADC"

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have read an5354 previous to posting.  It says nothing regarding choices made in the example for the stm32h743-eval example.

In cubemx it is set to 16bit.  But your question is a good one and I will have to view the register in the debugger to see what is actually being set.

RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello @GreenGuy 

There is an internal resistor divider by 4 between VBAT pin and ADC3_INP17 input channel.
Check the DS12110 Rev 10 in Table 192. VBAT monitoring characteristics the Q ratio on internal VBAT measurement.
It's also explained in RM0433 in section Table 192. VBAT monitoring characteristics.

This is why the ADC_InternalChannelConversion example compute the VBAT voltage and multiply the ADC3_INP17 by Q=4. ADC3 on STM32H74x/75x are 16bits resolution.
Hope it answers to your question.

Best regards,

Romain,

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.