cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 Product Selection

FurkanYilmaz-97
Visitor

Hello,

I have never used STM before and I am trying to choose a product, but I cannot buy and try each of them due to their prices.

I am doing high-frequency work and I need a screen. STM32H735G-DK is a suitable board for me. However, there is a question that comes to my mind: When I select the board with STMCubeIDE, an exclamation mark appears next to the ADC pins on the board and I perceive the usage as restricted.

In my application, what I need to do is to determine the time difference between the points above the threshold value among the data coming from an ADC pin. I also want to display the incoming data as a graph.

Can I realize the application I want to do using the STM32H735G-DK board?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @FurkanYilmaz-97 and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

In fact, you can use all the Pins on the Arduino CN9 connector as ADC inputs:

STTwo32_0-1721631932766.png

For the Red or yellow marks next to an interface, it will show you the pin conflicts (for example here IN2 is not used since PF11 and PF12 are mapped to other functions, if you don't need them, you can just disable those two interfaces (or just remap the pins if possible) and use them for the IN2).

PS: Don't forget that on a board, you can't use all pins on the MCU. You just can use those mapped to external Connectors. Refer to the UM2679 for more details.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LCE
Principal

Be careful concerning the internal ADC sampling rate, resolution, and resulting signal quality.

Many first time users were disappointed when they found out in real life that the internal ADC did not meet their expectations.

So check the datasheet, wait for some other users' replies here - and tell us what you exactly need.

"High-frequency work" is too inaccurate as a description. 😉 

I'm working with the H7, it's a great MCU, but quite a "beast" as some users say: quite big, complex, and sometimes hard to handle.

Hello Dear @STTwo-32 ,

Thank you for your answer.

Using the CN9 connector reserved for analog input, I can obtain the analog data I want by determining the processor pin that this pin will map to. Did I understand correctly?

Afterward, I can show the data I have obtained as a graphic on the screen, is it correct?

Best Regards.

Hello Dear @LCE ,

I may have used the expression incorrectly, thank you for your warning.

As for what I want to do, I'm trying to capture the starting and ending points of a cluster of ultrasonic waves around 5.0-6.0 MHz.

Best regards.