cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0 ADC clock. Max. asynchronous clock according to datasheet is 35 MHz. Is this (35 MHz) the input to PRESC or the output of PRESC ?

JuM
Senior

0690X00000AA0nIQAT.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, 32 MHz is okay, 64 not.

( The effective clock going to the ADC, after the prescaler. )

And set a sampling time, that's big enough to match the source impedance, see ds about that.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hl_st
ST Employee

The ACD clock limitation is behind the divider (in your picture marked as "Or this ?")

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

raghul
Associate

My question is in CubeMx Configuration the PCLK is 64MHz in my case STM32G070RB series and similarly to ADC clk configure at 64MHz.

if i configure ADC setting clock prescalar as synchronous clock mode  divide by 2 means -> ADC operate at 32MHz. It is within the range of ADC characteristics mention in datasheet (f_ADC =35MHz (max)) to get optimum performance of ADC.

If i choose ADC clock prescalar as asynchronous clock mode divide by 1 means -> ADC operate at 64MHz. This configuration may cause any adc performance problem?

Yes, 32 MHz is okay, 64 not.

( The effective clock going to the ADC, after the prescaler. )

And set a sampling time, that's big enough to match the source impedance, see ds about that.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".