cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE (Mac). Problem after upgrading from version 1.15.0 to 1.15.1

FRAUBRY
Associate II

I use the STM32CubeIDE program on Mac (Version 1.15.0)
The MCU is a STM32H743VIT and its configuration is done from the *.ioc file.
I use ADC3 with an Oversampling of 128.
Its configuration is done by entering 128 for the “Oversampling Ratio” line, and the ADC3 initialization code in the MX_ADC_Init() procedure includes the line:
hadc3.Init.Oversampling.Ratio = 128;

I've just updated to 1.15.1 (with migration), keeping the same files (*.h, *.c, *.ioc).
When I open the *.ioc file, the ADC3 settings contain an error for the Oversampling ration: 128 is in red and I have to put “Oversampling ratio 128x”.
The initialization code generated becomes:
hadc3.Init.Oversampling.Ratio = ADC3_OVERSAMPLING_RATIO_128;

No problem a priori, but the code is now compiled with an error:
error: 'ADC3_OVERSAMPLING_RATIO_128' undeclared!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @FRAUBRY ,

I confirm the issue indeed I'm able to reproduce this on my side this problem can be clearly avoided by writing value 128 manually to the hadc3.Init.Oversampling.Ratio :
thank you for pointing this out.

I reported the issue internally for further investigation.

Internal ticket number: 181495 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STea
ST Employee

Hello @FRAUBRY ,

Are you modifying the .IOC file from the CubeMX extension inside of cubeIDE or directly from CubeMX ?
If you can send the project that you have migrated to examen it will be of great help.

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STea

I only work with cubeIDE.
I've run a few tests using the same *.ioc file (created with version 1.15.0 or earlier).
When I want to open this file with cubeIDE from the new version 1.15.1, there's a message asking if I want to stay with the old version of CubeMX (V6.11.0) or if I want to migrate to version 6.11.1.
If I stay with the old version, no problem.
If I migrate, then a red cross appears in front of ADC3 (in the Analog section) and in front of ADC_Regular_Conversion_Mode in ADC3 configuration.

See the attached screenshots and my initial *.ioc file.

Hello @FRAUBRY ,

I confirm the issue indeed I'm able to reproduce this on my side this problem can be clearly avoided by writing value 128 manually to the hadc3.Init.Oversampling.Ratio :
thank you for pointing this out.

I reported the issue internally for further investigation.

Internal ticket number: 181495 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Hello @STea,

Thank you for your response and action.

In order to avoid having to modify this line each time I recompile the *.ioc file, I prefered to add in the main.h file:
#define ADC3_OVERSAMPLING_RATIO_128 128
(After the line /* USER CODE BEGIN Private defines */ )

Regards,