waclawekjan_2-1691480727756.png

JW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @waclawek.jan ,

Thank you for reporting these typos.

I confirm these typos and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 158922(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @waclawek.jan ,

Thank you for reporting these typos.

I confirm these typos and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 158922(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, Kaouthar!

JW

Piranha
Chief II

Shouldn't the note in the first image be "3. Not available on STM32F0x1 devices."?

Hard to tell. There are three "base-number-models" which are 'F04x/'F07x/'F09x and don't have USB: 'F071, 'F091 and 'F098...

@KDJEM.1, can this remark please be added to the ticket?

Thanks,

JW

Piranha
Chief II

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f0x0-value-line.html

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f0x8.html

So it seems that USB is not present on: F0x1, F030, F038, F058, F098.

Or, reversing the logic, USB is present only on: F0x2, F070, F048, F078.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @waclawek.jan ,

Thank you.

Note that, it is mentioned in RM0091, the Universal serial bus full-speed device interface (USB) applies to STM32F04x, STM32F072 and STM32F078 devices only.

Kaouthar

Still not a complete list, as it misses F070. It seems that the simplest is to say that USB is present only on F04x and F07x parts, except for F071.

'F070 is not described in RM0091 (let's not discuss the merits and demerits of this choice here).

> simplest is to say that USB is present only on F04x and F07x parts, except for F071.

The simplest would be to have a single footnote for both the USARTx and USB, referring to the Availability of peripherals subchapter. However, that one in RM0091 is rather underwhelming... (a good example how such chapter should look like would be e.g. RM0394, okay it's a different chapter Product specific  features, although I don't understand why).

JW

RhSilicon
Lead

Are there open document editing platforms like GitHub Codes? Perhaps it would be easier and faster to implement corrections.