cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSSI DMA or IT on STM32H5?

olaan
Associate II

Hello!

I have not been able to figure out how to get PSSI DMA working for the H5. For other peripherals, there is a DMA-tab in the configuration, but not for PSSI. Similarly, I have not been able to find any way of using interrupts for transmitting or receiving PSSI data. The XXX_Transmit_IT() & XXX_Receive_IT() functions available for many other peripherals are missing. As it is, my only option seems to be to synchronously send and poll for data.

My question is what am I missing? Is there another way of doing this for the STM32H5? If you could just point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,

// Ola

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @olaan  

To properly configure and use PSSI on a STM32H5, you can follow the supported and recommended GPDMA settings in the AN5593 "How to use the GPDMA for STM32 MCUs" to be used for PSSI peripheral request (check the "GPDMA configuration for communication, audio and mathematical peripherals" section)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @olaan

You are right, the 'DMA Settings' tab is missing in the PSSI configuration when using CubeMx.

An internal ticket number 180456 is submitted in order to fix such issue.

(PS: ticket number 180456 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen