cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H503RB: FDCAN communication issue

ekatpurerohan
Associate II

I am use nucleo-h503rb evk board and i am configure fdcan communication. I have mention below my code please see. I have did not comes output on FDCAN communication.

please send me demo code for that

34 REPLIES 34

also, I Have one of thing just check. I have DSO channel 1 no connected in STM32H503RBT6 board CAN TX pin with respected to ground. But it's not show any output on DSO.

I didn't understood your sentence but to view the Tx frames with an oscilloscope on Tx pin, you need also to connect the oscillo probe to the ground.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

printf("Initialization complete. Starting main loop.\r\n");

/* Configure the FDCAN TX Header */

TxHeader.Identifier = 0x321; // Standard or Extended ID

TxHeader.DataLength = FDCAN_DLC_BYTES_8; // Data length (up to 64 bytes)

TxHeader.BitRateSwitch = FDCAN_BRS_OFF; // Bit rate switch (CAN FD)

TxHeader.FDFormat = FDCAN_CLASSIC_CAN; // Message format (CLASSIC_CAN or CAN_FD)

TxHeader.TxFrameType = FDCAN_DATA_FRAME; // Frame type (DATA_FRAME or REMOTE_FRAME)

TxHeader.ErrorStateIndicator = FDCAN_ESI_ACTIVE; // Error state indicator

TxHeader.TxEventFifoControl = FDCAN_NO_TX_EVENTS; // Tx event FIFO control

/* Start the FDCAN peripheral */

if (HAL_FDCAN_Start(&hfdcan1) != HAL_OK)

{

Error_Handler(); // Handle FDCAN start error

}

is this correct for transmit data STM32H503RBT6

Hello,

I suggest you to refer to one of the examples provided in STM32G4 (normally it's the same FDCAN implementation):

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeG4/blob/master/Projects/STM32G474E-EVAL/Examples/FDCAN/FDCAN_Classic_Frame_Networking/Src/main.c

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

is this project to import in stm32h503? If possible, then how? Can you share me procedure.