cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with debuging STM32H745 both M4 and M7 isuing STLINK-V3 and IAR workbench

HKapo.2
Associate II

Hello all,

We are evaluate STM32H745 for one of our new products. Dual core feature of STM32H745 is something we would like to use.

As a part of initial process, I was trying to debug both M4 and M7 cores simultaneusly.

Following AN5286,  I was able to succesfully debug both core using STM32Cube IDE.

But when I tried following in section 4, to use IAR workbench I got following error

HKapo2_0-1721029306484.png

What I have found is ticking multicore support in IAR gives the erro

HKapo2_1-1721029349247.png

I was able to debug individual cores if I don't enable multicore.

Any guidance is deeply appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Refer to the AN5286 "STM32H7x5/x7 dual-core microcontroller debugging", section 4 Using IAR Embedded Workbench™ for Arm® 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Make sure IAR version you're using has most current drivers and DLLs for ST-LINK installed.

Check for IAR IDE patches in CubeH7 Software directory in repo or ZIP file.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Many thanks for the quick response.

@SofLitAs mentioned in my original post, I have already followed AN5286.

@Tesla DeLoreanI copied all the patch files over to IAR "C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 9.2\arm" and restarted IAR. But still getting the same error message.

The link you shared pointed to: https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00629855-getting-started-with-projects-based-on-dualcore-stm32h7-microcontrollers-in-stm32cubeide-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Which is not the correct link 🙂

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Appolgies for the wrong link. I have followed the AN5286 and landed to this issue.