cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External memory loader with IAR workbench

ATank.1
Associate III

Hello,

I am planning to use IAR Workbench for development on STM32H745 controller.

I have worked on STLDR file i.e. external loader program with ST programmer and STM32CubeIDE but not used external memory loader with IAR workbench.

1. Can STLDR be used with IAR workbench or some other file is needed?

2. How to go about programming the external memory through IAR workbench?

3. What tools are used for programming the contoller ST link? , ST programmer? 

Please share details and links to resources if a

Thanks 

Anuj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 ,

You can find in this GitHub: GitHub - STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader: Provides drivers, examples, loader files and testing routines for external loaders for STM32 series of microcontrollers many projects using the IAR toolchain to generate .stldr.

For that I recommend you to take a look to this GitHub and precisely STM32H7x_boards examples.

The .stldr is generated by building Project/EWARM. So, .stldr is ready to be used within STM32CubeProgrammer by copying it at [STM32CubeProgrammer_ Install directory]\bin\ExternalLoader.

May this FAQ How to implement and use your own external flash loader: An example using STM32U5A9J-DK,
can help you. This FAQ  provide a step-by-step guide on how to develop and add your own external loader to m
anage external memories using IAR and STM32CubeProgrammer.

I hope this answer your request.

Kaouthar 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @ATank.1 ,

You can find in this GitHub: GitHub - STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader: Provides drivers, examples, loader files and testing routines for external loaders for STM32 series of microcontrollers many projects using the IAR toolchain to generate .stldr.

For that I recommend you to take a look to this GitHub and precisely STM32H7x_boards examples.

The .stldr is generated by building Project/EWARM. So, .stldr is ready to be used within STM32CubeProgrammer by copying it at [STM32CubeProgrammer_ Install directory]\bin\ExternalLoader.

May this FAQ How to implement and use your own external flash loader: An example using STM32U5A9J-DK,
can help you. This FAQ  provide a step-by-step guide on how to develop and add your own external loader to m
anage external memories using IAR and STM32CubeProgrammer.

I hope this answer your request.

Kaouthar 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.